- What are the main points about you and/or the book that should be emphasized to the media?
- Who do you think will buy your book (i.e., your market)?
- If you could construct an interview for yourself, what questions would you want to be asked? Can you come up with about 5 to 10 questions and answers for this self-interview?
- Are there any anniversaries, occasions or events upcoming to which we might tie the publicity for your book?
- Is there any competition for your book? How are the other books alike? How are they dissimilar?
- What was your inspiration for the book?
- Who are your favorite authors?
- Tell us anything about you as a working writer that you think might be interesting or unusual.
- What do you hope readers will learn/discover from reading your book?
Now some of these might seem easy, but really sit down and think about them and how you would answer these if you found yourself face-to-face with an interested editor, agent, or on Oprah talking about your book.