Friday, June 10, 2011

Agent Speed Date

The idea of speed dating is that you get 10 minutes to sit down with a prospective date and get to know them. Since we're asking our clients to speed date with you, we thought it only fair that we participate too. In that spirit, we present Agent Speed Date. A quick 10 minutes for you to get to know us. Today we'd like you to meet Jessica Faust.


BookEnds Agent Speed Date

Name: Jessica Faust

Speed date bio: Proud owner, President, and Literary Agent of BookEnds, where I reign (or so I pretend) over an incredibly talented bunch of agents and represent some of the greatest authors ever.


About Me

Real Name or Pseudonym: It’s my real name.

Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice and Wizard of Oz

Next on Your Reading List: Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator and Girl with the Steel Corset

Facebook or Twitter:
Facebook: Jessica Faust BookEnds
Twitter: BookEndsJessica

Three authors living or dead you would want to have dinner with:
**these are the hardest questions for me.
Edith Wharton
Sarah Addison Allen
Julie Child—I think mostly for the cooking

Three characters you would want to have dinner with:
Jo March
Spenser
—this is so hard. I have no clue on a #3. Should it be Anne of Green Gables or Hannibal Lector? Or . . . ? I think I’m spending far too much time on this.

Jetsetter or armchair traveler:
jetsetter

Glass ½ full or ½ empty:
½ full and then some

Tea or Coffee:
Too much coffee

Ereader or Print book:
A little of both

Morning person or Evening person:
Morning (or middle of the night, depending on how you look at it)

Working soundtrack:
Usually nothing but my typing fingers

13 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

"too much coffee" lol

Nice to know more about you. Thanks.

JP Kurzitza said...

So... when can I see you again?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm sold!!

LOL!

Laila Knight said...

Loved this tidbit of personal info. I'd recommend Hanibal Lector. He was charming and refined, or maybe that was just Anthony Hopkins. I like Anne of Green Gables but we'd be chatting up a storm and not getting anything to eat.

Robena Grant said...

I like that your glass is more than half full.

Bethany said...

Where would my morning be without a cup of java? Good to "meet" another fellow coffee fan. I love "Pride & Prejudice". I've read it 3 times--really good book.

Taping fingers can be very musical in the right progression (my younger brother is working on his PH.D. in musical composition, so I've picked up bits and pieces of music terminology from him).

Leslie said...

Morning person? Nah, you're the Woman-Who-Never-Sleeps! Have to up my own coffee intake just to keep up with you.

AE said...

Will you be doing this for Kim and Jessica as well?

Carrie Butler said...

If it were a metaphorical mug, instead of a glass, I doubt it’d be half full. Coffee break, anyone? ;)

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

Edith Wharton. I couldn't agree more.

SJ Drum said...

Hmmm... I love the idea of Hannibal Lector but I would worry that he'd be having me for dinner instead of having it /with/ me.

This was by far the best "speed date" I've ever been on! Thanks!


sj-drum.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

"1/2 full and then some". Sounds good to me!

Taymalin said...

I would definitely choose Hannibal Lector...just, bring your own food and be polite-he prefers to eat rude people.