Monday, April 20, 2015

The Perfect Agent by Colin Smith

I asked permission to repost this from the comments on my Your Dream Agent post. I thought it was so much fun that everyone should have a chance to read it.

Thank you for sharing!

The Perfect Agent

Wanted an agent for one adorable writer! :)

If you want this choice position
Have a cheery disposition
Fair critiques, no snark!
Play nice, don't bark.

You must be kind, and it helps to be witty
Tell me I'm great when I'm feeling s**ty
Read my novel, say it rocks
Say it's rad and it knocks off socks

Never be quiet too long
Never say I'm right when I am wrong
Love my writing more than I do
And never lie so I won't fire you

If you are diligent with submissions
I will never fail to send revisions
I can send you chocolates to make you smile
You can send me checks every once in a while

Hurry agent!
I say with
Sincerity,

Writer, Colin Smith. :)

For those who don't get the reference.:


11 comments:

Colin Smith said...

I am truly, deeply honored. Thanks Jessica! :D

Carolynnwith2Ns said...

Colin, as usual, awesome times 2.

Flowers McGrath said...

Yay, Colin! You do rock!

Christina Seine said...

Oh well done, Colin!

S.P. Bowers said...

Love it, Colin. I sang the song the whole time I was reading it.

Cheryl said...

Oh, well done! What a wonderful start to the week. Much sincerity!

Karen McCoy said...

Bravo, Colin! Such a clever weaving of words.

Donnaeve said...

You're a poet too??? Way to put the pressure on, Colin.

Seriously, very nice!

Lilac said...

Fantastic, Colin! Two thumbs up. :D

Colin Smith said...

Thanks, everyone! Donna, don't worry, I don't consider myself a poet. Yes, the first Janet Reid writing contest I won was for a poem. When the muse strikes, as it did with this, I can usually come up with something. But I prefer prose. :)

AJ Blythe said...

Repeating my comment from the first time, your poem rocks, Colin.

(although I do have to echo Donnaeve... setting the goal posts way high, thanks!)