Friday, June 26, 2015

Jessica A’s Favorite Reading Spot


I love the beach. The sound of waves crashing, the smell of salt air, the warm sun on my sunscreen-lathered skin. It’s all perfect for reading, except I really hate getting sand in my books. Luckily, my father’s beach house has plenty of comfy seating with a great view of the ocean. I’m fortunate that I’ll be able to spend plenty of time there this summer with a book in one hand and an umbrella drink in the other.




---Jessica Alvarez

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason I've noticed that this only seems to work with hard copy real books as opposed to e-readers. If I was on the International Space Station, on the other hand, I'd want an e-reader, but only if I was reading hi tech suspense or sci-fi. Setting is everything....

Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm Kevin A. Lewis-I like blogspots that are more identity-ieeindly, as a rule.

Emily Keeler said...

Sounds awesome! Enjoy your vaca!

www.roughwighting.net said...

Jealous!!! Reading on the beach is my favorite spot also - with either softbound book, or e-book. Whichever, I'm transposed as I feel the sand sift through my toes.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I also love reading on the beach. So peaceful. Until a seagull poops on you. Yes, this has happened. Hence why I should always use an umbrella.