Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fan Girl Confessional

This Tweet from John Green the other day made my day:


Taylor Swift reblogged me on tumblr and called me her favorite author. Trying not to freak out.

I absolutely LOVE that someone with 3+ million followers still has fan boy moments. I mean how amazing is it to see that someone you would totally fan freakout over fan freakouts over someone else?

I'm a Top Chef junky and tend to freakout over chefs. If that's not weird I don't know what is. A few years ago I tweeted something about being in GA and missing a trip to FlipBurger, one of Richard Blais's restaurants. Richard Blais himself Tweeted me back and I'm not kidding when I tell you I thought I was going to pass out. I really did start to get light-headed it was so exciting.

There's no accounting for why we become a fan girl of someone, but I think it's important that we have those little freakout moments in life. I mean, they're fun.


1 comment:

Kim Lionetti said...

I really don't think this post is complete without the pic of you at FlipBurger months later, beaming as you tweeted him again. Just sayin.'