Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Out of the Office

I wanted to let you all know that I'll be out of the office today. I have an appointment to have my ta-ta's checked.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, not that I probably need to tell you that, and coincidentally it's also the month for my annual mammogram. This is not normally something I'd share with my readers, but it's important. Really important.

If you're not getting exams or doing exams please add it to what I'm sure is already a very busy list of things you need to do. Make sure your mother, your daughter, your best friend, your wife, and your neighbor are getting them. Ask them. And men, this isn't just a woman's disease. Ask your doctor about breast cancer too.

We can save lives by getting an exam. Let's do it.

3 comments:

Artemis Grey said...

THIS ^^

And I'll add, ladies, get your lady parts checked regularly too, even if you're married, or in a situation where you don't think you need to have annuals.

My mom is undergoing (successful so far!) treatment for breast cancer and it wasn't something found with a mammogram. It was something her doctor found during her annual nether-parts checkup. It was a spontaneous, aggressive cancer, and if he hadn't found it, it would have grown for almost a year before her next scheduled mammogram, because she'd just had a mammogram like two months prior, and it wasn't there.

In short, take care of yourselves everyone! Be proactive in your own health and don't pass on checkups just because they're not fun.

Christa said...

So glad you posted this. My mom's life was saved by getting a mammogram.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck. It just so happens I'm getting the twins crushed tomorrow. We could be ta-ta sisters! Kudos for the check up, commiserations for the crunch!