Friday, October 24, 2014

TGIF

It's Friday and it's been another great week at BookEnds. To celebrate I'm going to share the recipe for one of my favorite drinks . The Moscow Mule. I discovered this quite a number of years ago and it's my go-to. I've also managed to make it a favorite for a number of friends.

The Moscow Mule

1 oz vodka--whatever your favorite brand works
1/2 oz lime juice--I always recommend fresh squeezed
Ginger Beer--for those who don't know this amazing drink, ginger beer is not in fact a beer but a soda. More along the lines of root beer. Depending on what brand you buy it can be very tangy and spicy. You might want to try a few different brands to find your favorite. We prefer Fever Tree.

Traditionally the Moscow Mule is served in a copper mug. We use rocks glasses. Add all the ingredients over ice, stir, finish off with a lime wedge and enjoy. I think you'll like this one.

Skol!

--jhf

5 comments:

Artemis Grey said...

I LOVE a Moscow Mule! It's just *different* because of the ginger beer. I've never heard of Fever Tree, I'll have to see if I can find it in my area and try it.

BookEnds, A Literary Agency said...

What we've come to love about Fever Tree ginger beer and tonic is that it's not artificially and sickly sweet. Just yummy.

Jenny said...

I highly recommend the Kentucky Mule. Same thing except use bourbon instead of vodka. A perfect fall-time drink!

The Writers Canvas, Author Elaine Calloway said...

I've had Ginger Beer and dark rum before (The Dark and Stormy) - Yummy! This one looks good too! Thanks for sharing -

Author Julia Ash said...

My family is always looking for new "Happy Drinks!" My husband drinks Dark and Stormy cocktails (Meyers rum and ginger beer), but since I'm a Ketel One girl, I'm going to try the Moscow Mule! Thanks for sharing and happy sipping!